Forumas

Naujos temos kūrimas Atsakyti į temą
Autorius Žinutė
 Pranešimo tema: Pence then hit a drive to left in t
StandartinėParašytas: 2017 06 19, 11:28 
Naujokas
Naujokas
Vartotojo avataras

The Boston Bruins remain the top team in the TSN.ca NHL Power Rankings, their third straight week ahead of the St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks. Holding that number one ranking doesnt mean that everything is flawless, as the Bruins did suffer back-to-back losses last week, but they rebounded with a solid win over Philadelphia Saturday afternoon and are healthier than most, if not all, of the top contenders. Surging into a playoff spot and getting Pavel Datsyuk back from injury helps the Detroit Red Wings move from 21 to 18, while the Carolina Hurricanes have been reasonably competitive, with one regulation loss in the past six, to move from 25 to 22. Heading the other way, the Los Angeles Kings fall from four to seven after one win in four games. The fall could be even more pronounced if defenceman Drew Doughty suffers ill-effects from a weekend upper-body injury. Without a regulation win in the past eight games, and with defenceman Mike Green sidelined, the Washington Capitals slide from 17 to 20, while the Winnipeg Jets are down from 20 to 24, mostly because of injuries to right winger Dustin Byfuglien and defenceman Zach Bogosian. The Toronto Maple Leafs continue their rankings slide, even after winning two of three last week. Losing goaltender Jonathan Bernier and left winger Joffrey Lupul for the season, contributes to the Leafs landing at a season-low 26, down from 23. The rest of the Canadian teams, coincidentally, all moved up one spot, the Montreal Canadiens are up to nine, the Calgary Flames, finishing strong, to 21, the Vancouver Canucks to 23, Ottawa Senators to 25 and Edmonton Oilers to 27. Yes, with one week remaining in the season, that leaves six Canadian teams ranked in the bottom 10. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Nike Air Max Womens . 4 jersey of former defenseman Rob Blake this coming season. The ceremony will take place prior to the Kings January 17 game against Anaheim. Cheap Air Max 2018 . Leverkusen said on Friday it signed Schmidt on a two-year contract. He guided Red Bull Salzburg to the Austrian championship this season. http://www.airmax2018womens.us/. He says he will have the operation Wednesday and be ready in time for training camp in September. Bernier missed five games in March due to the injury. Sale Air Max Black . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. Cheap Air Max 2017 . The rookie is rewarding their faith with a stellar first season. MacKinnon had a goal and two assists, Jamie McGinn had two goals and an assist, and Colorado beat the Buffalo Sabres 7-1 on Saturday.SAN FRANCISCO - One more strike. Another couple of feet on a line drive. Thats all that stood between Yusmeiro Petit and one of the most unlikely perfect games in history. Petit lost his bid for a perfect game on Eric Chavezs pinch-hit single with two out in the ninth, and then recovered to retire the final batter in the San Francisco Giants 3-0 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. "It doesnt get any closer than that," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "A strike away and a couple feet away from catching it. Just a beautiful game that he pitched." Petit (3-0) retired the first 26 batters in a remarkably efficient performance, and then got two strikes on Chavez before unleashing a tempting curveball. But the veteran third baseman laid off that 2-2 curveball that Petit was certain he would chase. Chavez lined the next pitch to right field and Petit crouched as the ball left the bat. The Venezuelan pitcher put both hands over his head after Hunter Pence could only short-hop the ball after a valiant diving effort. "The last two outs, it can go either way," Petit said through an interpreter. "I went to 3-2 count. I just wanted to throw a good pitch. Chavez got the hit." Pence made a terrific catch on a similar play to help preserve a no-hitter by Tim Lincecum in San Diego on July 13. But he just missed preserving this piece of perfection. "I gave it my best effort, but it wasnt enough," Pence said. "A low liner in front of me. I felt when it was hit I was in a dream where I could not run fast enough. Off the bat it looked a little short." The crowd of 41,190 fans responded with a standing ovation for Petit, who struck out seven in his 95-pitch gem. A.J. Pollock grounded out to third to finish Petits first career complete game. Petit became the 12th player to lose a perfect game with two outs in the ninth inning and second this year, joining Texas ace Yu Darvish, who was nearly perfect against Houston in April. "My thought is hes pitched a great game now lets break his heart," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. Gibson picked Chavez for that task because of his experience. Chavez had never faced Petit before, but he went in the clubhouse to watch him pitch in the fifth inning to be prepared if he was needed late in the game. "I wasnt trying to break his heart, I was trying to break it up," Chavez said. "Its a pride thing." Before the ninth, the closest Arizona came to a hit was pitcher Patrick Corbins sinking line drive to left thatt forced defensive replacement Juan Perez to make a shoestring catch for the final out of the sixth.dddddddddddd "Bochy called me into the game and told me it might be an interesting game for me," Perez said. "Off the bat I thought it was hit harder than it was. I got a tough read on it. But I was still able to make the diving catch." Pence had three hits, including a home run, and scored all three runs. Brett Pill and Hector Sanchez also drove in runs. Corbin (13-6) tossed eight strong innings, giving up eight hits. He struck out five and walked one. Petit broke into the majors in 2006 with the Marlins, and then spent the next three years with Arizona. He was waived after the 2009 season and eventually landed in San Francisco. He was designated for assignment twice this season but stuck with the Giants and has won each of his three starts since being called up late last month to make a case for a roster spot next season. "Just a beautiful game," Bochy said. "A tremendous display of pitching. He was pounding the strike zone all day with all his pitches. Hes fought his way to get back up here. He was up here earlier and went back to Fresno. Hes just done a tremendous job and hes trying to send a message that this is where he belongs and where he should be pitching." Petit, making his 40th career start, needed 65 pitches to get through seven innings. The right-hander went to a three-ball count twice and did not throw more than five pitches to any one batter through seven. Pence singled and scored on an error by shortstop Chris Owings in the second. He doubled and scored on Hector Sanchezs base hit in the fourth. Pence then hit a drive to left in the eighth for San Franciscos first homer at home since Aug. 21. Sanchez went 3 for 3 and also was behind the plate for Petits best start of his career. "We had a good plan," Petit said. "We had good communication through the whole game." NOTES: Giants LHP Dan Runzler cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A Fresno. ... Giants C Buster Posey missed his third straight game with a swollen right ring finger. Hes expected to miss at least two more games. ... RHP Matt Cain (8-8, 4.43 ERA) will start Saturday nights game for the Giants. Hes 14-6 in 31 starts against the Diamondbacks. ... RHP Brandon McCarthy (3-9, 4.94) gets the start Saturday for the Diamondbacks. Hes coming off his eighth career complete game. ... The gametime temperature of 72 degrees made it the hottest night game of the season in San Francisco. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Į viršų
Atsijungęs Aprašymas  

Rodyti paskutinius pranešimus:  Rūšiuoti pagal  
Naujos temos kūrimas Atsakyti į temą

Dabar prisijungę

Vartotojai naršantys šį forumą: Registruotų vartotojų nėra ir 2 svečių

Jūs negalite kurti naujų temų šiame forume
Jūs negalite atsakinėti į temas šiame forume
Jūs negalite redaguoti savo pranešimų šiame forume
Jūs negalite trinti savo pranešimų šiame forume

Ieškoti:
Pereiti į: